Hello, my name is Dr. Kirk Anderton, but most of my patients have taken to calling me Dr. A. It's shorter and easier to pronounce. I am very happy to be practicing in Cedar City! Our family has lived in the area, in New Harmony, for the past 16 years. For ten of those years I communted to Chandler, Arizona to practice. So when we opened our practice in Cedar City in 2008, I was happy to shorten my communte to 15 minutes.
I feel so fortunate to say that I love my job! There is nothing more fun than working with people. Our office is a great place to be, as you will find out. Every room has a separate theme! We have a happy, up-beat spirit here! Our goal is to make each of your visits to our practice a great experience. From start to finish, it's exciting to see people's teeth and lives change as we straighten their teeth and help them achieve a beautiful smile. We look forward to meeting you and helping you. There are no strangers in our office. A stranger is just a friend we haven't met yet.
- Bachelor of Science – Brigham Young University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Dentistry
- General Practice Residency, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Master of Science in Orthodontics – West Virginia University
- AAO – American Association of Orthodontists
- PCSO – Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- ADA – American Dental Association
- UDA – Utah Dental Association
- Smart Practice Annual Seminar
Honors and Awards
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Graduated with High Honors, UNMC College of Dentistry
- 1st Place, Table Clinics Competition, UNMC College of Dentistry
- Dean's List, UNMC College of Dentistry and BYU
- Who's Who in America, multiple listing
- Numerous honors and scholarships throughout college and dental school
Family and Community
My wife Bonnie and I have been married since 1983. We have six children, Logan, Connor, Brennan, Madison, Melissa, and Morgan. Bonnie and I have a small farm in New Harmony where I spend my free time tending to the yard, garden, orchard, cows, and horses. It keeps me busy. When our family gets together, we love to snow and water ski and enjoy most outdoor activities.
I find that service to others is very important. In addition to serving Chandler and Cedar City through my practice for many years, I also try to find ways of touching the lives of others in a positive way outside of the office. I actively support and sponsor multiple little league, junior high, and high school athletic and dance teams, drama departments, and scholarship programs. I also support community outreach and service projects, as well as school, community, and neighborhood fundraising projects, and sponsor several programs for Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts, Brownies, and Cub Scouts.